We are postponing to March 13th as of now. The political situation in Haiti has resulted in violence and protesting in the streets. In a nutshell, the President says his 5-year term is not over until 2022 but the opposition says his term is over now, both have a point as this article explains. It is hard to tell when the situation will settle down.
So, we are going to watch the situation weekly and pray it is calm in March! This week is better than last, so that is promising. We are taking a small group that can be flexible with travel plans.
We are collecting items now and want to have the bags packed and ready to go by March 6th so we need all donations by March 1st. We are collecting the following:
- Sheets – all sizes and types (except pillowcases) in good condition
- Beanie Baby size stuffed animals
- Matchbox cars
- Kids multivitamins with iron
- Large suitcases
- Girls underwear (all sizes)
- Cash donations – more on this below